If you are looking for a show-stopper dessert that is super-easy to make, this would be it. A lovely combination of sweet, crunchy, and savory, it reminds me of a expensive confection you’d find in a fancy restaurant.
It’s probably one of the most delicious treats I’ve ever eaten, and simple enough that you can put it together in minutes.
This would be a fantastic Valentine’s Day treat and it’s really hard to believe this sinful-tasting dessert is so healthy – if you make it for your guests, they’ll never know!
- Granola or sprouted nuts
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Butter, coconut oil, or ghee
- Sea salt
- Use any type of apples you want; I used Pink Ladies. You could probably also use pears. I sliced them up almost razor thin – using about 1 1/2 apples for my husband, son, and me. This made what I would call a small amount for each of us (we had just eaten a big dinner, so a small dessert was in order). You could use more fruit for more people.
- Then I fried them in butter (or you could use ghee or coconut oil) with a bit of salt just until browned in a pan.
- After cooking the apples, I spooned about 5 or 6 tablespoons of yogurt into bowls.
- Next, I added the apples and sprinkled my homemade granola mixture over them.
- I drizzled a bit of maple syrup and a few shakes of cinnamon over the whole thing. That’s it!
Both boys loved it and promptly made it disappear. I think they would have eaten 10 bowls if they’d had the chance.
This recipe is part of Food Renegade’s Fight Back Friday carnival and The Nourishing Gourmet’s Pennywise Platter Thursday. Please visit Kristen’s and Kimi’s sites and check out all the other real food posts there.